a
t
i
r
FatPat FatPat
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Discuss the issue of consolidation in the online travel services industry.
Read 326 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
The online travel services industry has gone through a period of intense consolidation. Expedia now owns Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, and meta-search engine Trivago, giving it a 75% market share among U.S. online travel agencies. Its primary competition consists of Priceline, which owns Booking.com, Lowestfare.com, and Kayak. Together, Expedia and Priceline control a whopping 95% of the online travel agency booking market. However, Google is also poised to become a player in the market, with its Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder that also provides booking functionality. The U.S. Department of Justice also cited the TripAdvisor's introduction of an Instant Booking service as a factor in its approval of Expedia's acquisition of Orbitz.
wrote...
3 years ago
Online travel services industry has problems but it still alive and working. It's actually funny that I found this topic because I'm going to climbing Kilimanjaro with https://en.altezza.travel/kilimanjaro/lemosho-route-guide in a few weeks. Overall, if you're interested in Africa and traveling I would recommend this company.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1253 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292