t
i
r
r
rineylc rineylc
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
and which one of them is concerned with Hormones Productions,Cloning,Genome,Genetic Disorders, Genetically Modified DNA, and Recombinant DNA.
I'm deciding my college major and i desperately need help!
thnx!
Read 384 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
First of all you should choose biomedical engineering or bioengineering as a major. You'll find that it is much more fulfilling of a job than biotechnology (no offense to those involved in biotechnology)

biomedical engineering is concerned more with humans and the creation of medical devices, like MRI, or even what is in a hip transplant, cells, etc.

Bioengineering is concerned with the design of organic systems. In other words, things that aren't necessarily human, but are biological organisms. For example, taking algae, manipulating the algae a little bit and making it produce oil as a byproduct. Bioengineering also includes a lot of human aspects too, but it isn't the sole focus. In other words, bioengineering is more broad of a field because it encompasses everything living as opposed to biomedical which is concerned primarily with humans.

Pretty much they both can deal with DNA, genes etc. but if you want to deal with human genes then probably go towards biomedical, else bioengineering

You should check out the courses in each major, they are most likely very similar, in which case when you go out and work in the industry (or even if you decide to go to graduate school after college) it won't make too much of a difference if you choose one or the other because they are so similar.
wrote...
10 years ago
Biomedical engineering and Bioengineering are exactly the same thing; Bioengineering is essentially engineering pertaining to solving problems in medicine of technological nature.

Biotechnology is a more general field and isn't, as far as Im aware, an engineering discipline.
wrote...
10 years ago
Biomedical is medical work

bioengineer is engineering

biotechnology is Technology
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1262 People Browsing
 119 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586