a
t
i
r
DGonzo2015 DGonzo2015
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Since KFS is described as the presence of an extra X chromosome, I would assume that KFS (or, just the presence of an extra X chromosome) can theoretically be present in any animal.  Is this correct?  Thanks for any answers.

BTW, I think this, because, the extra X chromosome happens when the homologous X chromosomes don't separate during meiosis II, and there is no reason that this would be exclusive to humans, because all organisms go through meiosis.  And SINCE all organisms, animals AND plants, go through meiosis, is it possible that even plants get an extra X chromosome?
Read 702 times
2 Replies