× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
micro micro
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
10 years ago
Is it worth the hassle to do MCAT and apply in US universities if the same course is offered in european universities and I myself being european? By hassle I mean taking MCAT, applying for a VISA etc.
Read 1285 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Interesting question, most north american schools require the MCAT, but NOT all. IN fact, a lot of reputable universities don't even care about the MCAT, but that's few and far between! Are you living in Europe right now? Do you plan on moving to the US or Canada any time soon?
Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven?

Eric Clapton
micro Author
wrote...
10 years ago
As I said in my original post, I am from Europe. I WISH to pursue my carrier in the US/Canada but then again don't know if its worth the hassle to do post graduate degree there or do it elsewhere (UK etc) then try to apply for postdoc in the US.
wrote...
10 years ago
it's really hard to get into canadian medicine if you've studied abroad - USA, not so much, but again it depends on the state. If you're European, why would you move to North America? Interested as to why, because it's pretty much the same here as it is there. I bet if you were to ask ten random people in North America where they'd prefer to live, seven out of the ten would say europe lol If you're going to go into medicine and you are certain you want to live in North America, then find a school here - way better in the long run. My friend went to med school in the Caribbean, and his options are very limited here in Canada.

Eric Clapton
micro Author
wrote...
10 years ago
It's always been like that: no one is ever happy with his own country and views other countries (continents in this case) as better Wink Face A lot of my friends from Europe want to move to Canada/US heh
wrote...
10 years ago
It's always been like that: no one is ever happy with his own country and views other countries (continents in this case) as better

I suppose you're right about that, depends on how patriotic you are lol are you finishing up school now? You should have already applied to med school if you were serious about it, MCAT tests should have also been done either in your 2nd or 3rd year.

Eric Clapton
micro Author
wrote...
10 years ago
***I meant GRE!!
wrote...
10 years ago
lol then that changes everything doesn't it. I thought you were referring to MCAT. People who take the MCAT are usually trying to get into a medical profession. GRE is just a general test to get into a graduate school in the US. I don't think you need it to get into a Canadian school

Eric Clapton
micro Author
wrote...
10 years ago
My bad Wink Face Actually you do....at least some of them.
wrote...
10 years ago
In terms of money? Hell no. College boom is raping all the students. Having said that though, Western nations (especially Canada, USA, Britain, France...) tend to spend all the way as far as the healthcare is concerned, so doctors will get no shortage of funding until the nation falls apart but most likely not gonna happen in our lifetime. (But who knows?) If you know you're like Dr. House, you could just try to take the examinations and few years of studies but I hear that's pretty tough cause they raise the bars all the way. (And depending on which school you went, the level gap may not be something u can handle overnight)

So if u plan on practicing in Canada/USA, yes. Even then, be careful. Med schools are not cheap, and it drains a lot of time so you have to be confident enough to play all in.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1265 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586