f
a
d
c
livestrong136 livestrong136
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
12 years ago
1. Draw a labelled energy-level diagram for an endergonic reaction. Label the products, reactants, transition state, activation energy and, on the same diagram, draw the catalyzed reaction as well.
Read 3523 times
7 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Hey livestrong136,

Would this be something you're looking for?

Time-energy graphs of an exergonic reaction (top) and endergonic reaction (bottom).
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks alot for replying. Yep thats what i needed. You gave me a diagram of endergonic reaction and then a diagram with labels. THNX. btw, is that answering my question fully??? I am kind of confused. I am thinking we are missing something here??? Confounded Face

1. Draw a labelled energy-level diagram for an endergonic reaction. Label the products, reactants, transition state, activation energy and, on the same diagram, draw the catalyzed reaction as well.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
The products and reactants are there. So is the activation energy and transition state.

However, I'm not sure what they mean by:

on the same diagram, draw the catalyzed reaction as well.

Technically the diagram is correct, but I'm not sure about that second part. Any idea?

livestrong136 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Hey. THANKS ALOT FOR REPLYING BACK. i am confused as well because i understand the first part now (thanks to u). but they are saying on the same diagram, draw the catalyzed reaction. I think u answered the question.

Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Yeah, I believe what they mean is what happens when you add an enzyme... Well, that hump gets smaller.

I'll mark this as solved.
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks a million. Slight Smile
Answer accepted by topic starter
duddyduddy
wrote...
Staff Member
Top Poster
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science