g
L
w
m
Cyco Cyco
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Cars arrive at a local JLUBE franchise at the rate of 1 every 12 minutes. Service times are exponentially distributed with an average of 15 minutes. Jack Burns, the JLUBE owner, has decided to open a second work bay, i.e., make the shop into a two-channel system. Under this new scheme, the average customer will wait in an ________ line.
A) M/M/1
B) M/M/2
C) M/D/2
D) M/D/1
E) M/G/2
Textbook 
Quantitative Analysis for Management

Quantitative Analysis for Management

Edition: 12th
Authors:
Read 101 times
7 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
miri13miri13
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
More solutions for this book are available here

Related Topics

wrote...
6 years ago
Cars arrive at a local JLUBE franchise at the rate of 1 every 12 minutes. Service times are exactly 15 minutes. Jack Burns, the JLUBE owner, has decided to open a second work bay, i.e., make the shop into a two-channel system. Under this new scheme, the average customer will wait in an ________ line.
A) M/M/1
B) M/M/2
C) M/D/2
D) M/D/1
E) M/G/2
wrote...
6 years ago
C
wrote...
6 years ago
Cars arrive at a local JLUBE franchise at the rate of 1 every 12 minutes. Service times are exponentially distributed with an average of 15 minutes. Jack Burns, the JLUBE owner, has decided to open a second work bay, i.e., make the shop into a two-channel system. Under this new scheme, the average customer will wait in line
A) approximately 9.6 minutes.
B) approximately 2.5 minutes.
C) approximately 24.6 minutes.
D) approximately 2.1 minutes.
E) None of the above
wrote...
6 years ago
A
Cyco Author
wrote...
6 years ago
Cars arrive at a local JLUBE franchise at the rate of 1 every 12 minutes. Service times are exponentially distributed with an average of 15 minutes. Jack Burns, the JLUBE owner, has decided to open a second work bay, i.e., make the shop into a two-channel system. Under this new scheme, the total time an average customer spends in the system will be
A) 37 minutes.
B) 2.1 minutes.
C) 9.6 minutes.
D) 33.3 minutes.
E) 24.6 minutes.
wrote...
6 years ago
E
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  919 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?