a
t
i
r
misterrvincen misterrvincen
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
I'm having issues solving these last few questions. Can someone please me out? Thanks.

(k) Suppose your instructor handed you a bottle of hydrochloric acid of unknown concentration. The chemistry department was considering using it for a summer program for elementary students to test rock samples to see if they contain limestone. However, they don’t want to give it to the kids if it is too strong, and noone in the department was willing to drop some on their skin, and all the graduate students and TA’s were already guinea pigs in other experiments, and the department did not want to compromise the data from that research in any way. So, the task falls to you, the eager undergraduate student.
(2 pts.) First, explain, using a balanced chemical equation, and then describing/discussing it, how hydrochloric acid could test for the presence of limestone. What specific reaction would be taking place, and what easily noticeable phenomenon would you be looking for when doing this test? Why?

Answer:

[ii] (3 pts.) Suppose you take a 35.00 mL sample of this acid solution. You then titrate it with a 0.1477 M potassium hydroxide solution. A volume of 29.15 mL of potassium hydroxide was required to complete the titration. What is the concentration of this unknown hydrochloric acid solution?

Answer:
Read 5159 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=69069.0
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
misterrvincen Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thank you. Does anyone have the answer for the first question? Thanks again.      
Answer accepted by topic starter
saviosavio
wrote...
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
bio_man,  jilmast,  sung1990,  chevyman17
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.