a
t
i
r
danep123 danep123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but I could really use some help. I'll try to keep my question as brief as possible and hope to get and answer!

Basically I have done a lab in my bio class where we measure the heart rate of daphnia insects in distilled water (8 separate times) and then in Ethanol (2%, 4%, 6% and 8%) and Caffeine (1%, 2%, and 3%). I have begun my graph and have the BPM on the Y axis, and the % of Drug Used on the X axis, with different symbols for each chemical. My question is, how do I graph the constant of our distilled water control on the graph? I can't see a plausible way seeing as the X axis only effects the experimental drugs. Sorry if this is pretty basic, but I could really use any help I could get. Thanks Much!
Read 1021 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Id suggest reconsidering your method of data display. Maybe use a bar graph? Youre only using a handful of discrete experimental values (2%, 4% etc) so making a bar graph wouldnt be too time consuming and itd do just as good of a job
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
I remember doing this too! I'm sure you did a few replicates at each concentration?

In your X axis, you should have one column designated for your control (baseline)

|
|
|   |  |           | |  |    |  |  |   |  | |
|__|_|______|_|_|__|_|_|__|_|_|_____________
Control (0%)    2%    4%     6%

Y is your heart rate, X is your independent variables.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
danep123 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks so much for your replies! It makes alot more sense now that I got that explanation, especially with a visual example. I guess I didn't realize you could have several things on the X axis  Face with Stuck-out Tongue Haven't been to school in about 5 years, so sorry for the fairly elementary question, but I appreciate you helping me out!  Slight Smile
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Any time! Remember, a control means without exposure to anything, so it should be in the 0% column.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1221 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion