a
t
i
r
connorp connorp
wrote...
Donated
10 years ago
According to quantum mechanics and the multiverse theory, is there theoretically a universe that describes the outcome of any single change, as small one single particle existing or not?
Read 817 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
is there theoretically a universe that describes the outcome of any single change

This question threw me off. How does quantum mechanics and the multiverse theory relate to this? ..

Curious Face with Rolling Eyes
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
connorp Author
wrote...
Donated
10 years ago
The Many Worlds Interpretation. It implies that all possible alternative futures are real and exist in a different universe. That as an event happens, all possible outcomes branch off into a separate reality.

Maybe I should phrase it a bit better. By this interpretation, would a universe theoretically exist for each possible outcome, for example, of a single photon moving in one direction or another?
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
When thinking about concepts such as these, are you supposed to look at it through a micro or macro- perspective? For instance, after reading

It implies that all possible alternative futures are real and exist in a different universe. That as an event happens, all possible outcomes branch off into a separate reality.

I couldn't but help picture myself making two separate decisions, and this changing the universe. I really need to touch up on this. Got any video to help me understand this better?
Tralalalala Slight Smile
connorp Author
wrote...
Donated
10 years ago
That's my question really. Are the concepts supposed to look at events that would have any noticeable effect on the universe, or any event whatsoever? If it was any event, that would also mean that every virtual particle created and destroyed would be cause for another branch.

I guess it's hard to describe because it's just theorized and there is a big chance that we will never know. But maybe someone on here knows the theory better than I.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
That's my question really. Are the concepts supposed to look at events that would have any noticeable effect on the universe, or any event whatsoever?

No. What we see on the macro scale changes on the micro/quantum scale. Everything we've been taught in school essentially is a lie from what I've read Face with Stuck-out Tongue In other words, the laws breaks down or vary once we get down to its core. Hopefully bio_man chimes in, he seems to know everything.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1279 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352