m
p
m
awelling awelling
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
Part 2: Preliminary Report

You have already compute sample parameters for the data.    
(i)  Test the hypotheses that the average household income in the township is greater than $100,000. Hint: Start by stating the null and alternative hypotheses.
(ii) Construct a 95% CI for the proportion of households with family history of heart disease, separately for each race.  Would you say the proportion of households with history of heart disease differ by race?
Read 2352 times
7 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile

Related Topics

wrote...
9 years ago
The posting helped a lot thanks for putting it up
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
The posting helped a lot thanks for putting it up

You're welcome. If you can update us with what you submitted as your answer, it will really help out the community.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you!
wrote...
9 years ago
One of the purposes of this study was to see if the average household income is greater than $100,00 per year. To test this a z test was performed on the data. The null hypothesis was that the mean of the data was equal to 100 (the data was recorded in number of thousands). The alternative hypothesis was that the income was not equal to 100. (H_0: x ̅=100     H_1: x ̅≠100) The results were computed using Microsoft Excel for Mac 2011 V14.4.5 and the results were p=〖1.01〗^(-34) which is far below the α = 0.05 giving strong statistical evidence that the average household income of township is greater than $100,000.
A 95% Confidence Interval (CI) was constructed to compare the proportion of households with a family history of heart disease by race. The results showed; Black households had a mean of 68.97% with a CI of 52% to 86% and a σ 8.59, Hispanic households had a mean of 66.67% with a CI of 46% to 87% and a σ of 10.29 and White households had a mean of 48.00% with a CI of 34% to 62% and a σ 7.07. The data shows that Black and Hispanic households have a greater proportion of heart disease in comparison to White households. (Fig. 3)

Fig.3 Comparison of CI with means for households with family history of heart disease by race
xox
wrote...
9 years ago
I am looking for this
awelling Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I do have this but I only got a 60.  I needed more of a narrative to it but I do have the right figures and as far as I know they were ok.  I am not sure if it will help without the needed narrative though unless you are willing to write the narrative
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  938 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 820