t
i
r
r
davidandkaze davidandkaze
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I'm doing a report for school where I have to design a theme park based on a cell, and I thought it would be fun to have part of the park be a water park but instead of water it would use something with the same viscosity/texture as cytoplasm and I need to know if this is feasible. Depending on the viscosity I may go with a full blown water park or it could end up being just a small pool area if it's really viscose.
Read 2079 times
6 Replies
Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
You can use the cytoplasm as the water park. The word "cytoplasm" is a general term that denotes everything within the cell; this is where all the organelles are submerged. It's the cytosol that's the actual word that denotes the "liquid" component. Since theme parks have their water park enclosed in a designated area - usually - I would pick an organelle as the actual water park, rather than the whole cytoplasm.
Biology!
davidandkaze Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Well then let me rephrase the question, instead of the cytoplasm what would the viscosity be of the cytosol?
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
Well then let me rephrase the question, instead of the cytoplasm what would the viscosity be of the cytosol?

The cytosol is viscous, kind of like hair gel or jello.
wrote...
12 years ago

What did you end up doing for this?
Biology!
Answer accepted by topic starter
davidandkaze Authordavidandkaze
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 130 words.