a
t
i
r
Paula4205 Paula4205
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Have you been a part of a group in which corruption of leadership has occurred? Do you feel it is unavoidable? How did you feel in that particular group?
Read 52 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, bio_man
I once applied for a job where I was competing against the bosses nephew. While on paper my credentials were better, he ended up getting the job over me. This form of corruption is known as nepotism. Nepotism is when a person in authority gives jobs to their relatives. Nepotism is generally considered wrong, and conflicts with the principle of merit, where the best person gets the job. Some sources say:

Nepotism does not necessarily provide governments with the best candidates but, in a climate of distrust, animosity, backbiting, and disloyalty, it may well be safer and even more efficient for leaders to have family members in key administrative positions.

The only way to avoid the situation would be to find another job, where I wasn't competing against the relative of the employer.

PS: This is not a true story
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1232 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741