Explore
Post homework questions online and get free homework help from tutors.
Learn More
Improve Grades
Help Others
Save Time
Accessible 24/7
There are currently 249 guests browsing and 2 members online. So far today, 219 students have registered.
Related Images
11/11/12

04/23/15

09/21/16
Poll
Which of these news organizations do you trust the LEAST?
CNN
MSNBC
Fox News
RT News
I trust anything but mainstream media
If you would like to vote in this poll, please login or register

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?
wrote...
Credits: 15
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, kvkh
Question: The olfactory receptor also contains a membrane protein that recognizes isoamylacetate and, via several other molecules, transduces the odor stimulus into a receptor potential. Does the Pacinian corpuscle likely have this isoamylacetate receptor protein? Does the free nerve ending likely have this isoamylacetate receptor protein?

My answer: I have reasoned that since isoamyl acetate is an odorous liquid, then neither the Pacinian corpuscle nor the free nerve endings would contain receptor proteins for this chemical. Am I right?
Read 3280 times
1 Reply
replies
wrote...
5 years ago
I have

Pacinian corpuscle- pressure

Olfactory receptor- Chemical

Free nerve ending- Heat

not sure if it is correct