× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
ashi ashi
wrote...
12 years ago
Hi,
can someone help me out with this problem

What is junk DNA? Would you really consider it “junk”? Give arguments and concrete examples to support your viewpoint.
Read 1018 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
12 years ago
Junk DNA that does not code for any peptide. It's DNA that has been accumulated in the organisms DNA over a long period of time. The term "junk DNA" is no longer used because these regions of DNA have been found to be associated with miRNAs, speciation, and binding sites for regulatory regions. These days, junk DNA is more accurately referred to as noncoding DNA. Hope that helps you Face with Rolling Eyes
ashi Author
wrote...
12 years ago
ok, i got what exactly is junk dna or as we say non coding dna, what kind of arguments should i make to support that junk dna doesn't consider to be junk dna (non-coding dna)
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
ok, i got what exactly is junk dna or as we say non coding dna, what kind of arguments should i make to support that junk dna doesn't consider to be junk dna (non-coding dna)

Ashi, after reading your question, you'll now have to research on how junk DNA actually does play a role. I think Biolove gave you a ground basis of how to focus your research, but now you'll need to find proof. If you need help with that, let me know.
ashi Author
wrote...
12 years ago
i am new to this topic and i am really confuse so any help will be very appreciated
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1276 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293