M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
I think synergic action means that, two things combined together produce an effect that is greater than the sum of the effects produced by these things idividually. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergy

But that is too general. You might need something more specific. Where did you found that?
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
For example: one person can produce 10 items per day, but if 2 people work together they can produce (together) 30 items/ day (which is more than 10+10=20)
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Hi Alexx

From the article, it says "our results indicate that sox2 alone is able to induce and  intermediate state and subsequent lineage specification could be accomplished upon miR-125b overexpression probably due to the synergistic action of its reported downstream targets..."

I'm assuming then it means miR-125b does its thing because it works as all the factors united? right?
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
I think what it means is that, miR-125b overexpression activates it's targets (Lin28, p53, CDX2, STAT3, ETS1, MCL1, and IL-6), and these genes cause the lineage specification. Doesn't that make more sense?
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Hmm Yup it does   Flushed Face
Thank you so much for the help today Alexx  Slight Smile I overwhelmed you with questions   Flushed Face
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
Thank you so much for the help today Alexx  Smile I overwhelmed you with questions 

It's ok, that's why I'm here.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  868 People Browsing
 102 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?