× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Armenb Armenb
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
When an outpatient chest x-ray reveals a primary lung cancer in the left lower lobe, which ICD-10-CM code is reported?
 a. C34.32
  b. C34.92
  c. C78.02
  d. D49.1

(Q. 2) A patient is referred to a radiologist for an outpatient abdominal ultrasound due to jaundice. After review of the ultrasound, the interpreting physician also discovers that the patient has an aortic aneurysm. Which ICD-10-CM code is reported as the first-listed condition?
 a. I71.8
 b. I79.0
 c. K76.9
  d. R17

(Q. 3) When a patient presents to his provider's office with intermittent hydrarthrosis of the right foot, which ICD-10-CM code is assigned?
 a. M12.40
 b. M12.471
  c. M12.48
 d. M12.49

(Q. 4) When a patient presents to the emergency department with dysphasia following a stroke, which ICD-10-CM code is assigned?
 a. I69.920
  b. I69.921
  c. I69.922
  d. I69.923

(Q. 5) A patient has an electromyelogram (EMG) and comes into the physician's office to obtain the results. The patient was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome on her left side, which is assigned ICD-10-CM code __________.
 a. G56.0
 b. G56.00
  c. G56.01
  d. G56.02

(Q. 6) Which code is assigned to a patient encounter for a preoperative diagnosis of pain in the knee and a postoperative diagnosis of tear in the medial meniscus bucket handle, right knee?
 a. M25.561
 b. M25.569
 c. S83.200A
  d. S83.211A

(Q. 7) A patient with a chief complaint of severe abdominal pain is referred to a radiologist for an outpatient Gastrografin enema to rule out appendicitis. The radiologist performs the x-ray, and the results are normal. Which ICD-10-CM code is reported as the first-listed diagnosis?
 a. K37
 b. R10.0
 c. R52
 d. Z13.818

(Q. 8) A patient who had received abnormal results on her annual Papanicolaou cervical smear (Pap smear) several months ago underwent a repeat Pap smear, the results of which were normal. She returns today to undergo a third Pap smear.
 a. R87.619
  b. Z01.419
  c. Z01.42
 d. Z12.4

(Q. 9) A patient with end-stage lung cancer receives treatment for congestive heart failure (CHF) and medical management of the lung cancer in the hospital's outpatient department. Report codes for __________.
 a. congestive heart failure only
 b. congestive heart failure and lung cancer
  c. lung cancer only
 d. palliative care for CHF and lung cancer

(Q. 10) A patient is referred to a radiologist for an outpatient chest x-ray because of a cough. The result of the chest x-ray indicates the patient has pneumonia. During the performance of the diagnostic test, it was determined that the patient has hypertension and diabetes mellitus. Which is the first-listed diagnosis?
 a. cough
 b. diabetes mellitus
  c. hypertension
 d. pneumonia
Read 571 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
QuinnQuinn
wrote...
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free