a
t
i
r
r
123kduncan 123kduncan
wrote...
6 years ago
Which of the following effects will not increase (i.e., shift to the right) the aggregate supply curve?
 a. An increase in the average national price level.
  b. A decrease in the price of fuel.
  c. An appreciation of the domestic currency.
  d. All of these answers are correct.
  e. None of these answers is correct.

Question 2 - The Federal Reserve (Fed) was criticized for playing a role in causing the Great Recession. Which of the following criticisms most accurately captures this criticism?
 a. The Fed kept monetary policy loose for too long, thereby fueling speculation in the housing market.
  b. The Fed kept monetary policy too tight immediately after the 2001 recession and then loosened it just prior to the recession, thereby precipitating the crisis.
  c.The Fed relaxed banking regulations after the 2001 recession, causing banks and other financial institutions to engage in speculative activities for which they were unprepared.
  d. The Fed encouraged home ownership by putting pressure on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Question 3 - Which of the following will not cause the aggregate supply curve to fall?
 a. Natural disasters.
  b. An increase in input prices.
  c. A reduction in the nation's level of productivity.
  d. A decrease in the nation's average price level (i.e., the implicit price index).
  e. None of these answers is correct.

Question 4 - Which of the following was not a major area addressed by the Dodd-Frank Bill (i.e., Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010).
 a. Reducing systemic threats to the U.S. financial system.
  b. Solving the too big to fail problem in the U.S. financial system.
  c. Preventing spillover effects in the financial industry.
  d. Ensuring that investment banks and others reduced the amount of skin in the game they in the mortgage industry.
Read 51 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Lewibr02Lewibr02
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free