a
t
i
r
Silvertxpia Silvertxpia
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Forming generalizations based on specific details.
  Read the passage and answer the questions that follow. Choose the correct letter.
  I'll never forget the scare I had while I was in high school. It was not caused by my other classmates or by
  a particular teacher. Rather, it was during a band trip. I packed up my flute and music one wintry day and
  loaded the bus with the rest of the band. We were excited and happy that we were going out of the school
  for the day and playing Christmas carols at a jewelry store in the center of Allentown, Pennsylvania, on
  Hamilton Street.
  We had strict orders from Mr. Reimschissel, our director, to make sure we do not stop playing no
  matter what until he cuts us off with his baton. He was concerned that we would watch the shoppers and
  not focus on the music.
  We set up our stands when we got there and tuned up. We played a couple of holiday favorites
  like White Christmas and Sleigh Ride. While we were playing Sleigh Ride, something happened
  that really sent shivers down my spine. There were a couple of shouts and a man with a dark ski mask
  came running in the store. He knocked into our bass fiddle player who nearly fell, but somehow retained
  his balance. Right on his heels were two police officers that had their guns out. The man with the mask
  stopped at the jewelry counter while one policeman told him his rights and proceeded to handcuff him.
  Most of the people in the store were frozen still, but somehow we played the rest of Sleigh Ride to the
  very end.
  Why did the man wear a ski mask?

a. He was trying to conceal his face, since he was a criminal.
  b. He was very cold.
  c. He intended to go skiing.
  d. He was trying it on at a department store.

Ques. 2

Forming generalizations based on specific details.
  Read the passage and answer the questions that follow. Choose the correct letter.
  I'll never forget the scare I had while I was in high school. It was not caused by my other classmates or by
  a particular teacher. Rather, it was during a band trip. I packed up my flute and music one wintry day and
  loaded the bus with the rest of the band. We were excited and happy that we were going out of the school
  for the day and playing Christmas carols at a jewelry store in the center of Allentown, Pennsylvania, on
  Hamilton Street.
  We had strict orders from Mr. Reimschissel, our director, to make sure we do not stop playing no
  matter what until he cuts us off with his baton. He was concerned that we would watch the shoppers and
  not focus on the music.
  We set up our stands when we got there and tuned up. We played a couple of holiday favorites
  like White Christmas and Sleigh Ride. While we were playing Sleigh Ride, something happened
  that really sent shivers down my spine. There were a couple of shouts and a man with a dark ski mask
  came running in the store. He knocked into our bass fiddle player who nearly fell, but somehow retained
  his balance. Right on his heels were two police officers that had their guns out. The man with the mask
  stopped at the jewelry counter while one policeman told him his rights and proceeded to handcuff him.
  Most of the people in the store were frozen still, but somehow we played the rest of Sleigh Ride to the
  very end.
  What month did this incident take place?

a. September
  b. December
  c. March
  d. May

Ques. 3

To make sure you get enough reading in during the week you should:

a. Read if you have time left at the end of your day.
  b. Schedule blocks of reading time in your weekly schedule.
  c. Read while you are eating.
  d. Read only after breakfast.

Ques. 4

The best time to study is

a. in the morning.
  b. at night.
  c. when you are the most mentally alert.
  d. in the evening.

Ques. 5

______________ is a technique which involves listing supporting details and labeling them with a
  system of numbers and letters that show the relationships of the details to one another.

a. Outlining
  b. Mapping
  c. Highlighting
  d. Annotating

Ques. 6

_______________ is a technique which involves using lines, boxes, circles, or other shapes to
  show how sentences in a paragraph are related.

a. Outlining
  b. Mapping
  c. Highlighting
  d. Annotating
Read 41 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
paige.S99paige.S99
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago