× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
omggimmetheansw omggimmetheansw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following rules for patients in an inpatient psychiatric facility best illustrates the proper application of a token economy?

a. If you make your bed in the morning, you can watch TV for an extra 15 minutes that night.
  b. If you make your bed in the morning, you immediately receive a red poker chip that can be exchanged for 15 extra minutes of TV.
  c. If you are a good patient in the morning, you can watch TV for an extra 15 minutes that night.
  d. If you are a good patient in the morning, you immediately receive a red poker chip.

Question 2

A client and therapist agree upon the following rule regarding the client's behavior by signing a document which states, If I study my most boring textbook for 5 hours this week, I can see the movie of my choice on Sunday. Which of the following contingency management techniques is illustrated by this example?

a. Grandma's rule (i.e., the Premack principle)
  b. contingency contracting
  c. both of the above
  d. neither of the above

Question 3

A client tells his behavioral therapist that he has a goal of jogging for 30 minutes every other day. The therapist helps the client create a system by which he rewards himself first for putting on jogging clothes and doing any kind of exercise for any length of time, then for jogging for 5 minutes, then for jogging for 15 minutes, and ultimately for jogging for 30 minutes. This technique is best described as

a. shaping.
  b. behavioral instruction.
  c. time-out.
  d. a token economy.

Question 4

Which of the following is NOT an example of a behavioral therapy technique based upon contingency management principles?

a. Grandma's rule (i.e., the Premack principle)
  b. shaping
  c. time-out
  d. systematic desensitization

Question 5

If lack of assertiveness stems from __________, then __________ might be the treatment of choice.

a. lack of information; education
  b. behavioral deficits; behavioral rehearsal
  c. unrealistically negative expectations; desensitization
  d. more than one of the above
Read 30 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
dlsmith88dlsmith88
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
6 years ago