× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
hbuedu hbuedu
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The nurse explains to the nursing student that the application of critical thinking to patient care involves which factor(s)? (Select all that apply.)

a. Identification of a patient problem
  b. Setting priorities
  c. Concentrating on the patient rather than family needs
  d. Use of logic and intuition
  e. Expansion of thought beyond the obvious

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a patient with advanced emphysema. Which signs are manifestations of this disorder? (Select all that apply.)

a. Productive cough
  b. Dyspnea
  c. Barrel chest
  d. Wheezing
  e. Cyanotic skin tone

Question 3

Following a visit from his family, the 55-year-old male patient with terminal cancer tearfully says, I am so afraid and begins to cry. Which response is most supportive?

a. Would you like to have your pain medication now?
  b. Let's talk about the things that make you afraid.
  c. Would you like for me to call the hospital chaplain.
  d. I will leave to give you some privacy.

Question 4

The nurse is performing an occupational history as part of the respiratory assessment. Which occupation(s) place the patient at increased risk for an occupational lung disorder? (Select all that apply.)

a. A firefighter
  b. A cotton gin worker
  c. A construction contractor
  d. A bartender
  e. A landscaper

Question 5

The nurse is caring for a patient with pneumonia who complains of shortness of breath.

Further assessment reveals an oxygen saturation of 89 on room air, 28 respirations/min with bilateral crackles in lung bases, blood pressure of 160/94, and a pulse rate of 102 beats/min. Which nursing diagnosis is priority for this patient?
  a. Activity Intolerance
  b. Impaired Gas Exchange
  c. Ineffective Cardiopulmonary Tissue Per-fusion
  d. Self-Care Deficit: Bathing and Hygiene

Question 6

The home health nurse is making an initial call on a newly diagnosed tuberculosis (TB) patient. The patient lives with his wife and child. Which infection control instructions should the nurse include in the teaching plan? (Select all that apply.)

a. Place contaminated tissues in sealable plastic bag.
  b. Take medications exactly as directed.
  c. Implement airborne precautions.
  d. Wash hands frequently.
  e. Wear a mask when in crowds.

Question 7

Which statement indicates to the nurse that the 50-year-old male recently diagnosed with early stage cancer of the prostate has begun to accept his diagnosis?

a. Well, I guess this just about cancels any plans for a second honeymoon.
  b. I need to call my lawyer in order to update my will.
  c. Do you have any current information on prostate cancer?
  d. My children should come home from college to visit.
Read 38 times
2 Replies