d
a
g
j
dymasraja dymasraja
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
In a test of H0: p = 0.45 versus Ha: p < 0.45, the value of the z test statistic was calculated to be z = -0.55. Which of the following is the P-value for this test?

Q. 2

Describe the two types of errors that might be made when a hypothesis test is carried out.
  1.A Type I error is rejecting Ho when Ho is true. A Type II error is failing to reject Ho when Ho is false.
  2.A Type I error is rejecting Ho when Ho is false. A Type II error is failing to reject Ho when Ho is true.
  3.A Type I error is failing to reject Ho when Ho is true. A Type II error is rejecting Ho when Ho is true.
  4.A Type I error is rejecting Ho when Ho is true. A Type II error is failing to reject Ho when Ho is true.
  5.A Type I error is rejecting Ho when Ho is false. A Type II error is failing to reject Ho when Ho is false.

Q. 3

One way to increase the power of a test is to increase your significance level.
  1.True
  2.False

Q. 4

One way to increase the power of a test is to increase your sample size.
  1.True
  2.False

Q. 5

If your results were statistically significant, then you could have made a Type I error.
  1.True
  2.False

Q. 6

When the necessary conditions for a Z test for a population proportion p are met and the null hypothesis is true, the expected value for the Z test statistic is 0.
  1.True
  2.False

Q. 7

One condition for a Z test for a population proportion p to be valid is that the population has a normal distribution.
  1.True
  2.False

Q. 8

The p-value for a Z test to compare two population proportions was 0.027. The probability that H0 is true is 0.027.
  1.True
  2.False
Read 42 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
maxmax923maxmax923
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free