t
i
r
r
ddknight869 ddknight869
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The third multicultural guideline and competency is to develop skills and action to cope with the results of discrimination and build cultural health. Which one of the following contributes to your ability to develop appropriate intervention strategies and techniques?

A) Create respect and trust by remaining politically correct at all times.
  B) Expand your knowledge with traditional strategies and newer, diversity sensitive methods.
  C) Use traditional counseling strategies proven appropriate over time.
  D) Just sitting with the client.

Q. 2

Past research has found that ____________ percent of minority clients do NOT return to counseling after a first session?

A) 10
  B) 20
  C) 35
  D) 50

Q. 3

Multicultural Guidelines and Competencies: Dimension 2: Understand the worldview of the culturally different client. According to this, which of the following contributes to your ability to comprehend the worldview of diverse clients?

A) By applying traditional approaches to counseling theory and skills, you will achieve similar results to all cultural groups.
  B) Your study and experiences will enhance your confidence in cross-cultural counseling.
  C) If you hold inaccurate stereotypes, you must listen and learn respect for how your client interprets humanity and the world.
  D) The impact of socioeconomic factors and other oppressive forces may vary some among cultural groups, but overall the impact is similar.

Q. 4

Multicultural Guidelines and Competencies, Dimension 1: Be aware of your own assumptions, values, and biases. Based on this, which of the following contributes to your ability to become more self-aware?

A) Develop a specialty practice by immersing yourself in every detail of daily life of one or two cultural groups at a time.
  B) Consider yourself as a cultural being and recognize your own limitations.
  C) Rather than consider each client as unique, focus on the common behaviors that the person before you may have in common with the cultural group to which they belong.
  D) Achieve complete multicultural knowledge through study and experience.

Q. 5

Multicultural competence includes:

A) awareness.
  B) knowledge.
  C) skills.
  D) all of the above.

Q. 6

If I am promoted, I can be confident that my coworkers won't think it was because of my gender. This is an example of:

A) socioeconomic privilege.
  B) White privilege.
  C) female privilege.
  D) male privilege.
Read 48 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
SalaDinHoSalaDinHo
wrote...
Top Poster
6 years ago