t
k
j
fitscarlet fitscarlet
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Employee assistance programs:

a. allow employers to place staff into anger management programs designed to help control potentially violent behavior.
  b. encourage employees to provide assistance to co-workers experiencing workplace violence.
  c. provide services to help employees cope with stressors that occur at home or work.
  d. train employees to de-escalate violent sit-uations.

Question 2

The degree to which an individual is moved or aroused to expend effort to achieve some goal or purpose is the definition of ____.

a. Actualization
  b. Energization
  c. Invigoration
  d. Motivation

Question 3

Family members of a dying patient are arguing about terminating life support. The nurse educates the two opposing groups individually about terminating life support and discusses the dying process. This is an example of:

a. delegation.
  b. negotiation.
  c. clinical judgment.
  d. purposeful inaction.

Question 4

A patient complains to you that she has no idea who her nurse is on any given day. I ask one nurse for my pills and she says, That's not my job.' I ask the pill nurse about my lab tests and she says that I should ask another nurse.

The nursing care delivery model most likely employed in this situation is: a. Differentiated practice.
  b. Team nursing.
  c. Functional nursing.
  d. Case management.

Question 5

A nursing instructor is teaching a class on conflict and conflict resolution. She relates to the class that conflict in an organization is important, and that an optimal level of conflict will generate:

a. Creativity, a problem-solving atmosphere, a weak team spirit, and motivation of its workers.
  b. Creativity, a staid atmosphere, a weak team spirit, and motivation of its workers.
  c. Creativity, a problem-solving atmosphere, a strong team spirit, and motivation for its workers.
  d. A bureaucratic atmosphere, a strong team spirit, and motivation for its workers.

Question 6

Nurses who empower clients emphasize the passive role of the patient.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false
Read 56 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
caitlynk000caitlynk000
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 360 words.