× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
chiraggupta105 chiraggupta105
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which of the following is true for persuasive messages?

A) The messages must be competitive.
  B) The message must be based on positive social outcomes.
  C) The message must be compelling.
  D) The message must use lively words and phrases.
  E) The message must be highly visual.

Ques. 2

Which of the following best describes the goals of persuasion?

A) Attempting to get the audience to purchase your product
  B) Attempting to change an audience's attitudes, beliefs or actions
  C) Presenting the audience with a choice
  D) Using a neutral buffer to attract the people to the product
  E) Using the indirect format to have people change their minds now, or at some point in the future

Ques. 3

When planning a persuasive message, which of the following is the least important consideration when considering the audience?

A) Who is my audience?
  B) Where is my audience located?
  C) How will the culture of the audience influence the message?
  D) How might the audience resist?
  E) What does the decision maker consider most important?

Ques. 4

Steps in planning successful persuasive messages include what?

A) Planning, writing, completing
  B) Neutral buffer, reasons, decision, courteous close
  C) Reasons for the message, supporting data, courteous close
  D) Analysis, gathering information, selecting channel and medium, organizing
  E) Analysis, audience, selecting channel and medium, writing

Ques. 5

Which of the following is an essential element of persuasive messages?

A) Trust
  B) Marketing
  C) Sales
  D) Value
  E) Action
Read 47 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
Answer to #1

Answer: C
Explanation: C) In today's information-saturated business environment, having a great idea or a great product is no longer enough. Every day, untold numbers of good ideas go unnoticed and good products go unsold simply because the messages meant to promote them aren't compelling enough to be heard above the competitive noise.

Answer to #2

Answer: B
Explanation: B) Persuasionthe attempt to change an audience's attitudes, beliefs, or actions. Because persuasive messages ask audiences to give something of value (money in exchange for a product, for example) or take substantial action (such as changing a corporate policy), they are more challenging to write than routine messages.

Answer to #3

Answer: B
Explanation: B) The best persuasive messages are closely connected to your audience's desires and interests. Consider these important questions: Who is my audience? What are my audience members' needs? What do I want them to do? How might they resist? Are there alternative positions I need to examine? What does the decision maker consider to be the most important issue? How might the organization's culture influence my strategy?

Answer to #4

Answer: D
Explanation: D) Creating successful persuasive messages in these challenging situations demands careful attention to all four tasks in the planning step, starting with an insightful analysis of your purpose and your audience, gathering information, selecting the channel and medium and organizing the information.

Answer to #5

Answer: A
Explanation: A) Whether you're trying to convince people to help fund your new business via Kickstarter, asking your boss for a raise, or promoting a concert, trust is an essential element of persuasion. If people don't believe in you, they won't believe in what you're promoting.
wrote...
6 years ago
These are correct! Thank you very much!!!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  898 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352