a
t
i
r
loverfly loverfly
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Students on a math test performed well on a set of computational problems but were not able to solve word problems in which the same computational skills were required. Of the following, the most likely reason for this fact is:

a. students hadn't sufficiently rehearsed the computations to the point where they were automatic.
  b. the teacher failed to provide enough drill and practice with the computational problems.
  c. the algorithms for the computations were not encoded in the students' long-term memories.
  d. the practice context and the problem-solving context were not similar enough to allow transfer to occur.

Ques. 2

Linda is new to personal computing and yesterday learned a new quick command in EXCEL. She used control-c to copy part of the spreadsheet and control-v to paste it elsewhere. Last night she was working on a paper in the lab and decided to reorder the paragraphs. She used control-c and control-v in the Word program. Of the following, the factor affecting the transfer of learning is:

a. similarity between the two learning situations.
  b. motivation involved in the learning experiences.
  c. depth of understanding and practice.
  d. quality of learning experiences.

Ques. 3

Goals that focus on demonstrating ability, particularly as it compares to others', are called:

a. ability goals.
  b. performance goals.
  c. learning goals.
  d. achievement goals.

Ques. 4

At what grade level is a student's tendency to adopt performance goals likely to be the highest?

a. Kindergarten
  b. 14
  c. 58
  d. 912

Ques. 5

Describe three suggestions teachers can follow for using the influence of beliefs to increase students' motivation to learn, and provide an example of each.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 6

Provide an example of when you were successful on a task, and describe how/why you were successful. Provide an example of a time when you were not successful on a task, and describe how/why. Classify your attributions based upon attribution theory as discussed in your text.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 7

You have studied very hard for a test that you know will be challenging, and you know the content very well. However, you are a bit nervous when you go into the test. If your performance is consistent with patterns identified by research, which of the following is the most likely result?

a. Your nervousness will seriously detract from your performance on the test.
  b. Your nervousness will detract from your performance on the test, but it won't be serious.
  c. Your nervousness won't impact your performance on the test one way or the other.
  d. Your nervousness will improve your performance on the test.
Read 84 times
3 Replies