s
a
t
i
r
sms123 sms123
wrote...
10 years ago
I'm a high school student and I have gotten used to using calculators real bad. I'm in algebra two and my teacher this year is strict compared to my other math teachers (which lets the class use calculators). My teacher this year does not allow us to use calculators and I feel like I will do bad on my tests/quizzes.  I'm not good at memorizing numbers and such so that means that I don't completely know my times and division table. However, I know how to set up algebra equations. I've just gotten to dependant on calculators. How can I make sure I pass my math class this school year?

I've noticed that I mostly have a difficult time with high numbers. Example: 8*6, 8*8, 9*7. Things like that
Read 406 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Use paper and pencil.  Do simple multiplication using addition, and harder multiplication with simple multiplication.  Same for all other kinds of problems
wrote...
10 years ago
Do it the old fashion way, on paper. If you need a cheat sheet (a step by step study sheet with formulas) write yourself one. If you get in the habit of writing down the formulas and solving problems on paper, it will come naturally and you may never need a calculator again!
wrote...
10 years ago
In my opinion, you need to learn your multiplication and maybe improve quick mental math for practice.
wrote...
10 years ago
Without calculators, it is essential that you memorize the multiplication table.

TABLE: http://s533.photobucket.com/user/revo_emag/media/image851_zps191e8a97.jpg.html

imranrocks Author
wrote...
10 years ago
do roughwork and perform calculations. remember tables
wrote...
10 years ago
Bruh, don't you know your time-tables?
wrote...
10 years ago
Listen hard in class and learn to work it out on paper?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1393 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741