× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
austinschwag austinschwag
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
In a three-dimensional model of self-understanding, the ________ is the definitional self and the _______ is the subjective self.

a. I; me
   b. Me; I
  c. I; self
  d. Self; me

Ques. 2

In a model of self-understanding, the ______ is how you define yourself according to your abilities, and the ____ is how you respond the approval or disapproval of others.

a. I; me
   b. Me; I
  c. I; self
  d. Self; me

Ques. 3

When Keisha refuses to attend school wearing a training bra because she is afraid that everyone will notice, she is demonstrating the concept of:

a. Imaginary audience
   b. False sense of self
  c. Personal fable
  d. Symbolic interaction

Ques. 4

When children in middle childhood presume that everyone is looking at them, when they in fact are not, they are demonstrating the concept of:

a. Imaginary audience
   b. False sense of self
  c. Personal fable
  d. Symbolic interaction

Ques. 5

Discuss rites of passage and the functions they serve. Describe various rites of passage within different cultural groups. What have family therapists recommended in regards to rites of passage? Provide an example.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 6

Two researchers are debating views on adolescence. One believes that adolescence is a transition and the other believes it is a distinct developmental stage. What position would you take and why? Provide supporting evidence to support your viewpoint.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 7

Mr. Rodriguez wants to know to what extent his students have anxiety about the upcoming school music concert. He plans to poll his students and ask them three simple questions about their levels of anxiety regarding performing in the music concert. He places the three questions on a small sheet of paper and makes 15 copies. He stands near the basketball court on the school playground. Any child who walks near Mr. Rodriguez is asked to complete his three-item survey. Mr. Rodriguez is employing which type of sampling procedure?

a. Stratified sampling
  b. Random sampling
  c. Convenience sampling
  d. Cluster sampling

Ques. 8

As Kelvin learns a new skill within his zone of proximal development, his dad provides scaffolding. Lev Vygotsky coined the term zone of proximal development to refer to:

a. the area between what a child can do independently and what the child can do with guidance.
  b. how children use cultural tools that are handed down from one generation to the next.
  c. the acquisition of psychological tools (such as language) that are involved in mediating cognitive processes.
  d. a child's use of cultural funds of knowledge to solve problems and construct meaning.
Read 49 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
Me12345Me12345
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free