t
i
r
r
antionett15 antionett15
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
For a linear regression equation, the sum of the squared residuals can be computed directly by finding the difference between each Y and its predicted Y, then squaring the difference and adding the squared values. An alternative procedure is to calculate ____.

A) r2SSY
  B) (1 - r2)SSY
  C) (1 + r2)SSY
  D) SSY/SSX

Question 2

What is the relationship between the alpha level, the size of the critical region, and the risk of a Type I error?

A) As the alpha level increases, the size of the critical region increases and the risk of a Type I error increases.
  B) As the alpha level increases, the size of the critical region increases and the risk of a Type I error decreases.
  C) As the alpha level increases, the size of the critical region decreases and the risk of a Type I error increases.
  D) As the alpha level increases, the size of the critical region decreases and the risk of a Type I error decreases.

Question 3

Assuming that SSY is constant, which of the following correlations would have the largest SSresidual?

A) r = -0.10
  B) r = +0.40
  C) r = -0.70
  D) There is no relationship between the correlation and SSresidual.

Question 4

If  is held constant at .05, what is the impact of changing the sample size on the critical region and the risk of a Type I error?

A) As sample size increases, the critical region expands and the risk of a Type I error increases.
  B) As sample size increases, the critical region shrinks and the risk of a Type I error increases.
  C) As sample size increases, the critical region expands and the risk of a Type I error decreases.
  D) As the sample size increases, the critical region, and the risk of a Type I error remain unchanged.

Question 5

A set of n = 25 pairs of scores (X and Y values) has a Pearson correlation of r = 0.80. How much of the variance for the Y scores is predicted by the relationship with X?

A) 0.36 or 36
  B) 0.20 or 20
  C) 0.80 or 80
  D) 0.64 or 64
Read 62 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
knappstr95knappstr95
wrote...
Top Poster
Rep: 3 0