wrote...
Rep: 1 0
5 years ago
Textbook Title: APUS INTL 424

Author(s): Midterm Exam

Publisher: - - -

Edition: - - -

Willing to Pay: barter

Extra Information: Any help answering the following questions from the midterm for INTL 424 would be greatly appreciated.  I have posted all forums and papers for INTL 305 and 412 - A's both courses.  Thanks!!!!

Of the mechanical methods used to detect deception discussed in Chapter 4 and the article Imaging Facial Physiology for the Detection of Deceit, identify which one you believe would work the best and describe its pros and cons.

Dr Robert Coulam, in his article Approaches to Interrogation in the Struggle against Terrorism: Considerations of Cost and Benefit, argues that while coercive measures use in interrogation may be the "lesser evil" in obtaining information, that other interrogation approaches may be available that would provide better information.

Describe the importance of rapport in law enforcement interrogations.

Based on several of the readings so far, what do you consider one of the most significant problems with the studies on educing information as it relates to cross-cultural studies?

Image URL of Textbook Cover:

Request

Link
Read 485 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
5 years ago
For the first one, try this

Of the mechanical methods used to detect deception discussed in Chapter 4 and the article Imaging Facial Physiology for the Detection of Deceit, identify which one you believe would work the best and describe its pros and cons.

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=11394
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
That doesn't answer the question Undecided

Please reread the uploaded file, the answer is missing.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago Edited: 5 years ago, bio_man
I put something together for you on the fly, hope this helps.

Based on several of the readings so far, what do you consider one of the most significant problems with the studies on educing information as it relates to cross-cultural studies?

Misunderstanding cultural issues is the most significant challenge in cross-cultural studies. Cultural Misunderstanding is the sense of differences races discriminating, criticizing and stereotyping other cultural practices by lacked of understanding or awareness on others. A cultural misunderstanding occurs when something like gestures, a word, social context, almost anything you can think of has different meanings in two or more cultures. Sometimes the misunderstandings lead to nowhere or they can be resolved. This is an issue of globalization, which is what large corporations are pushing for profits in all parts of the world. Ill-informed companies may run into the issue of selling products that the country's people may find offensive or disturbing.

PS: I may be totally off here...
wrote...
5 years ago

This is great, thanks.  I have not been very successful with all my research, but this gives me more ideas.  I appreciate it very much. 
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
Also found this for you. Maybe you can rewrite it in your own words.

People are more comfortable telling the truth to someone whom they trust and can relate to. This is precisely why a criminal investigator should spend the first several minutes of an interview developing a rapport with the subject. For the purposes of an investigative interview, rapport can be defined as a relationship marked by conformity. If proper rapport has been established, a subject should feel comfortable discussing the issue under investigation in a question and answer format. 

Questions addressing the issue under investigation should not be asked until the subject’s behavior reflects this relationship. Some behavior symptoms that indicate rapport are an uncrossing of the arms, a forward lean or comfortable posture in the chair, longer, more detailed responses and head nodding in agreement with the investigator’s statements.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  947 People Browsing
Related Images