r
d
l
a
Catracho Catracho
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
5 years ago
3.   Erikson’s Stages of Development (worth 6 points)
The stages, or “crises,” identified by Erikson, can occur and be resolved when we are children, but they can also “reappear” based on other circumstances.  Based on the circumstances described in each example, which stage does it best illustrate:

a.   Julie’s parents are overprotective and make her feel ashamed about her efforts to exercise her own will.

b.   Sean is proud of the model airplanes he made.

c.   Michael learns to count on his mother through care, love and affection.

d.   Keesha throws a temper tantrum if she isn’t allowed to do things for herself.

e.   A mother’s last child gets married and moves away.

f.   A fifty-year old man’s job is eliminated by downsizing.

g.   The 50-year-old man who lost his job in the downsizing takes a new job in a new field at an entry-level position.

h.   A retired teacher volunteers to tutor children at the local community center.
Read 417 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Hi Catracho

Do you have the Erikson’s Stages of Development ?

Please list them; reason I ask is because I searched online and there are different versions, I want to remain consistent with what your courses provides.
Catracho Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Hi Catracho Do you have the Erikson’s Stages of Development ? Please list them; reason I ask is because I searched online and there are different versions, I want to remain consistent with what your courses provides.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
5 years ago
Here's my best guess. Note that I'm not entirely certain of my responses. I feel like there's a lot of overlap in the stages, making it hard to discern which one is for which Undecided

a.   Julie’s parents are overprotective and make her feel ashamed about her efforts to exercise her own will.

-- Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt

b.   Sean is proud of the model airplanes he made.

-- Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt

c.   Michael learns to count on his mother through care, love and affection.

-- Trust vs. Mistrust

d.   Keesha throws a temper tantrum if she isn’t allowed to do things for herself.

-- Autonomy versus Shame and Doubt

e.   A mother’s last child gets married and moves away.

-- Intimacy vs. Isolation

f.   A fifty-year old man’s job is eliminated by downsizing.

-- Ego Integrity vs. Despair

g.   The 50-year-old man who lost his job in the downsizing takes a new job in a new field at an entry-level position.

-- Identity vs. Role Confusion

h.   A retired teacher volunteers to tutor children at the local community center.

-- Generativity vs. Stagnation

PS: Sorry for taking so long
wrote...
5 years ago
thank you
wrote...
5 years ago
thank you

Mind sharing your final answer?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  846 People Browsing
 175 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328