I
n
a
C
s
m
wrote...
A month ago
You are an infant care provider. A number of the children you care for are in Piaget's substage 4 and are between 8 and 12 months of age. Design one innovative toy, game, finger play, or other activity to enhance each of the following abilities at this age: object permanence, causality, and imitation. Describe how each activity or material enhances the skill it is designed to enhance.
Textbook 

Early Childhood Development: A Multicultural Perspective

Edition: 7th
Author:
Read 43 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
A month ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything.
Suggested Responses: Students should design three separate activities which are appropriate for this age level and that promote each of the abilities listed. Object permanence activities might include hiding or peek-a-boo type games. Causality activities might include pull or squeeze toys that cause something interesting to occur. Imitation games might include songs, finger plays, or clapping games in which babies can imitate adult actions. Students should provide a full justification of the developmental value of each activity, demonstrating their understanding of these infant abilities.