t
S
m
s
guren guren
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
4 years ago
This is my first post. I just read and I'm currently studying a book called "How everybody works" as a guide to understanding nonverbal behaviors.

After I'm done studying it and while I experiment with its claims; I'm looking to understand more of how the limbic system works and its role in human emotions.

The book's premise is that the limbic system makes us react to certain situations in such ways that nonverbal behavior is expressed; therefore by understanding the limbic system and nonverbal behavior we can ascertain a person's reaction to outside stimuli and gain insight.

If anyone could provide recommendations on books about the Limbic system that are up to date with current findings or any other books that relate to the topics above I would greatly appreciate it.
Read 231 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, bio_man
Why not just read scientific literature on the limbic system, I'd recommend you read some reviews.

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=results&q=limbic%20system%20review&cx=015763616539261044904:pelsxodl8qu;pubmed

If you really want a scientific take on the limbic system, one that's probably a lot more detailed than you'd want, I suggest the following article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2917081/

If you have any questions understanding the science behind these readings, I'll gladly interpret! However, I've never really read an entire book on this part of the brain, maybe a chapter dedicated to the limbic system, but not an entire book.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  964 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?