a
t
i
r
Tneary Tneary
wrote...
Rep: 9 0
4 years ago
A random sample of 30 married couples were asked to report the height of their spouse and the height of their biological parent of the same gender as their spouse. The output of a regression analysis for predicting spouse height from parent height is shown. Assume that the conditions of the linear regression model are satisfied.

What is the slope of the regression line? Choose the statement that is the correct interpretation of the slope in context.

▸ The slope is 48.40. On average, for each inch taller a parent is, the spouse is about 0.25 inches taller, in the sample.

▸ The slope is 0.25. On average, for each inch taller a parent is, the spouse is about 0.25 inches taller, in the sample.

▸ The slope is 48.40. On average, for each inch taller a parent is, the spouse is about 48.40 inches taller, in the sample.

▸ The slope is 0.25. On average, for each 0.25 inches taller a parent is, the spouse is about 1 inch taller, in the sample.
Textbook 
Introductory Statistics: Exploring the World Through Data

Introductory Statistics: Exploring the World Through Data

Edition: 2nd
Authors:
Read 37 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jaded 7.jaded 7.
wrote...
4 years ago