× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
3 years ago
Referring to following link, I would like to know on what wavelength is for Red Laser 650 as comparing with infra red light, since both could be 650 nm, so what difference are between red laser and infra red light.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Read 297 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
A red laser's wavelength is typically 630-680 nm and its power is 5 mW and below.

Infrared radiation extends from the nominal red edge of the visible spectrum at 700 nanometers.

That small difference of 20 nm prevents us from seeing it
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I would like to know on following issues as shown below:

1) which one (Infrared radiation vs red laser) can generate heat?
2) how to make red laser not generate heat at all?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
A laser beam has energy, and if it's absorbed by something, the energy becomes heat. A 1 mW beam as in a typical laser pointer delivers 1 mW of heat, which is pretty small, but not nothing. A 100 W beam as in an industrial cutting laser for thin materials delivers 100 W which is easily enough to set things on fire.

Are you asking about lasers that burn material? Those operate at shorter wavelengths, like 445nm. They're class 4 lasers, and operate at 10000 mW.
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Some products promotes to increase blood flow using red laser beam without generating heat, like infrared light,  Since both are belong to red wavelength, if red laser does not generate heat, then the energy must be very low, correct?

I would like to know on why red laser beam can improve blood flow.

Do you have any suggestions?
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Since both are belong to red wavelength, if red laser does not generate heat, then the energy must be very low, correct?

correct

i'm not entirely sure if it actually does, my knowledge on the topic stops there unfortunately
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
if you figure it out, update this thread, i'd be interested to know
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
The salesperson mentions that blood cells usually clog together, which reduce surface area to exchange between oxygen and CO2.  Under red laser for a short period of time, the clog of blood cells would separate and increase surface area of air exchange, but I get no idea on why red laser could cause clog of blood cells becoming smaller by separating them.

Do you have any clues?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1207 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 372