a
t
i
r
marinejas marinejas
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
3 years ago
1. Write an expression that it equivalent to each of the following expressions using cofunction identities.
a) cos pi/16    b) tan 9pi/10

2. Write an expression that is equivalent to each of the following expressions, using the related acute angle.
a) cos 2pi/3  b) sin 5pi/4  c) tan 11pi/6
Read 621 times
19 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
3 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, marinejas
Hi! thanks and yes I needed it, also not sure if you saw my reply from my last post but just wanted to clarify a few things about finding the possible equations from the graph. Slight Smile
Post Merge: 3 years ago

I also have another part to this question (part B) where you have to fill in a chart, can I still post it here or should I post it separately?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Post it here
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
alright thanks
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago

marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
for 1. a) Just to confirm, you used the cofunction identity, sin theta = cos(pi/2 - theta), and also by using my calculator I can go from the 2nd step to to 7/16pi, is it important to add all the steps? On a test would I lose marks?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Yeah, you don't need to show all those steps, I just do it for you 😄
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Ok thanks for that then Slight Smile also for 1. b) can I write it as tan (-2/5pi) = cot 9pi/10 ?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
No, they're completely different
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, marinejas
Ok just wanted to make sure, and sorry if I keep asking the same question but for 2 I got everything correct except the part on whether you have to add pi or not, for a) why did you add pi to the pi/3, as well as for b why use 2pi.. etc

Oh wait nvm I think I git it now, whether I add or subtract from 2nd or 3rd quad (from photo) I still get the answer, but I just answers of for example 2. a) cos(2/3pi), cos(-2/3pi), and cos(4/3pi) I still end up getting the answer of -1/2. Sorry if that didn't make much sense, hope you get what I mean.

Can you confirm if this is correct or not?
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Okay, so if you know the acute reference angle θ, and you want to find the actual angle in quadrant 2, you do:

π - θ

In third quadrant:

θ + π

In fourth:

2π - θ

Does that answer your question?
marinejas Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I think I figured it out now, if you see what I wrote above including the picture I use.
Overall, would you say I'm correct about that?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
All that is true if you want to find the acute reference angle, but if you know the acute reference angle and want to find the actual angle, you do what I wrote above.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1197 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?