s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I would like to know more about what is going on with Ulcer and Scar Band.

How to treat ulcer and scar band?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
How to treat ulcer and scar band?

Peptic ulcers are treated with antibacterial medication.

I'm not sure what you mean by "scar band", do you mind elaborating?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Please see your given image as shown below

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
An ulcer is an open sore, but I can't say with confidence why the scar bands are white.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago

Peptic ulcers are treated with antibacterial medication.  

If the red area of throat is ulcer, which can be treat with antibacterial medication.
Today, doctor assigns "Augmentin :  amoxycillin + clavulanate potassium 1g" for 7 days, he mentions to take tablets during the meal (2 times per day).  Could this antibacterial medication treat any bacteria in throat and Helicobacter pylori (if possible) on stomach as well?

Furthermore, since antibacterial medication can only treat bacteria, but not virus, in case I get covid-19 virus, would antibacterial medication making virus stronger as well? That is risk

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
If the red area of throat is ulcer, which can be treat with antibacterial medication. Today, doctor assigns "Augmentin :  amoxycillin + clavulanate potassium 1g" for 7 days, he mentions to take tablets during the meal (2 times per day).  Could this antibacterial medication treat any bacteria in throat and Helicobacter pylori (if possible) on stomach as well?

Yes, it's known to be prescribed for ulcers as well.

Furthermore, since antibacterial medication can only treat bacteria, but not virus, in case I get covid-19 virus, would antibacterial medication making virus stronger as well? That is risk

Not much of a risk because the drug doesn't target bacteria along your respiratory tract.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I am going to monitor on whether ulcer would disappear or not.

Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I would like to confirm on following concepts

1)  Taking antibacterial medication, which REDUCE bacteria and prevent further inflammation
2)  Taking Lysozyme chloride, which ONLY reduce inflammation temporary
3)  For long period inflammation, it would become scar, would it finally become cancer?

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
1)  Taking antibacterial medication, which REDUCE bacteria and prevent further inflammation
2)  Taking Lysozyme chloride, which ONLY reduce inflammation temporary
3)  For long period inflammation, it would become scar, would it finally become cancer?

1. Correct
2. It assists in infection and inflammation. Why are you using this?
3. Over time, chronic inflammation can cause DNA damage and lead to cancer.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Some area of throat shows red (ulcer) but not painful, I would like to know on how long antibacterial medication takes to heal ulcer.  Furthermore, what activity is doing within ulcer area?

Doctor mentions that Lysozyme chloride is just enzyme to reduce inflammation.

Do you have any suggestions on what Lysozyme chloride actually do?

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Some area of throat shows red (ulcer) but not painful, I would like to know on how long antibacterial medication takes to heal ulcer.  Furthermore, what activity is doing within ulcer area?

It's killing the bacteria, which is the root cause of the ulcer.

Doctor mentions that Lysozyme chloride is just enzyme to reduce inflammation.

Lysozyme is an enzyme that breaks down the bonds that make up peptidoglycan, which is the major component of gram-positive bacterial cell wall. So if the ulcer is caused by gram-positive bacteria, it will help to eliminate the bacteria. It's really up to you whether or not you want to take it along with Augmentin. Did you doctor prescribe both of these?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Lysozyme is an enzyme that breaks down the bonds that make up peptidoglycan, which is the major component of gram-positive bacterial cell wall. So if the ulcer is caused by gram-positive bacteria, it will help to eliminate the bacteria. It's really up to you whether or not you want to take it along with Augmentin. Did you doctor prescribe both of these?

Yes, would it be better not to take Lysozyme along with Augmentin?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I couldn't say, because in my opinion, both drugs have a similar end goal, so I don't know if taking them together will help to achieve that goal faster.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
If there is no bad side on taking both together, then I keep taking both.
I would monitor the status, and want to solve this throat issue over a long period of time.

I am very appreciated for all your help
Thank you very much for suggestions (^v^)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1172 People Browsing
 105 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352