a
t
i
r
socilisaa socilisaa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Taking an open quiz now, quite confused about these two questions. I would be great to have some help. See questions in the attachment! Thank you!

You have discovered that excessive tail grooming in ricefield rats is caused by a recessive LOF
mutation. Using the pedigree below, if 111-2 and 111-5 mate, what is the probability that if they have
3 offspring, exactly 2 would be unaffected and the other I would be affected?

Neispavani syndrome is a condition caused by a complete loss Of the nezgoda (nez) gene product. The nez promoter is paternally imprinted. In the pedigree below, individuals 1.1, 11.2, 11.4 and 111.1 are affected With Neispavani syndrome. Assigning the letters N to a functioning copy Of the gene, and n to a LOF mutation, what is the Of individual 11.4?
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Read 82 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Neispavani syndrome is a condition caused by a complete loss Of the nezgoda (nez) gene product. The nez promoter is paternally imprinted. In the pedigree below, individuals 1.1, 11.2, 11.4 and 111.1 are affected With Neispavani syndrome. Assigning the letters N to a functioning copy Of the gene, and n to a LOF mutation, what is the Of individual 11.4?

Select "nn"
Post Merge: 2 years ago

You have discovered that excessive tail grooming in ricefield rats is caused by a recessive LOF mutation. Using the pedigree below, if 111-2 and 111-5 mate, what is the probability that if they have 3 offspring, exactly 2 would be unaffected and the other I would be affected?

For this question, assuming that the parents in the first generation are heterozygous, and the affect are homozygous recessive, we don't know if the genotype of III2 and III5 are NN or carriers Nn. There's literally a 50/50 chances they're either both NN or both Nn. If they're both NN, then there's a zero probability. If they are both carriers, Nn, then for the first child

AAA
ANN - 0.25 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 14%
AAN
NNN

I think that's the answer.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1242 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion