S
m
s
anna_lee anna_lee
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
2 years ago
Hi guys,
I have an assignment to calculate the ancestral gene numbers and the gain and loss of genes during evolution, based on this phylogenetic tree which has  low bootstrap value <50%.
Could anyone have any idea how to calculate this?
Please help me.
I appreciate your kindness.

Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 443 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
2 years ago
I noticed that the numbers of the far right of the bottom tree signify the number of instances of each animal found in the phylogenetic tree above it. I don't suppose you have an example where something like this was demonstrated already?
anna_lee Author
wrote...
2 years ago
this is an assignment sir. When my teacher explained it to the students, I did not really understand. The teacher also gave an explanation with easier example not difficult like this one. Could you help me?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
2 years ago
Hi Anna, as much as I would like to, I've never come across something like this before. The only way I could figure it out is if I see a worked out example. If you can attach something that you think could be helpful, I'll give it a shot.
Answer rejected by topic starter
anna_lee Author
wrote...
2 years ago
Those are the slide presentation for this topic, sir

anna_lee Author
wrote...
2 years ago
@bio_man could you please help me sir?
Post Merge: 2 years ago

Hi Anna, as much as I would like to, I've never come across something like this before. The only way I could figure it out is if I see a worked out example. If you can attach something that you think could be helpful, I'll give it a shot.

could you please, help me sir?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
2 years ago
Hi Anna

I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I honestly don't know how to approach this problem. It is something I've never done before, unfortunately. If you get an opportunity after the solutions are posted, please update this thread.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  956 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308