× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
k
Anonymous sociologystu
wrote...
A year ago
1. Did you grow up in a home in which females and males had different jobs and responsibilities?  How did this affect your view of gender roles?
2. Imagine you had the chance to introduce policies to reduce gender inequality at your university or workplace. What would you emphasize?
Read 89 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
1. Did you grow up in a home in which females and males had different jobs and responsibilities?  How did this affect your view of gender roles?

My father was the breadwinner of the household, he was expected to be the provider, while my mother was expected to raise my siblings and I. As an adult, I would also like to be the breadwinner one day, much the same way my father was, and I hope to marry a woman who is willing to stay home to raise our children and be a housewife once we are ready to have them. I don't think my childhood experiences affected my thinking towards this subject; I believe that both parents in a relationship must share the load equally. For instance, the husband should help the wife in household chores when work at home becomes overwhelming. Furthermore, I think the wife should consider finding a job if the husband cannot provide enough for his family.

2. Imagine you had the chance to introduce policies to reduce gender inequality at your university or workplace. What would you emphasize?

I personally cannot identify any gender inequalities at our school. I notice that most of the administrative staff are women, and it looks like there are an equal number of men and women in faculty positions. In sports, however, it seems most students are more likely to support male athletes than female athletes. Hence, perhaps more resources could be used to promote female sporting events.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  889 People Browsing
 105 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370