a
t
i
r
anuong05 anuong05
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
8 months ago
Nelson Enterprises, an all-equity firm, has a beta of 2.5. Nelson’s chief financial officer is evaluating a project with an expected return of 27% before any risk adjustment. The risk-free rate is 6%, and the market risk premium is 8%. The project being evaluated is riskier than Nelson’s average project, in terms of both its beta risk and its total risk. Which of the following statements is correct?

The accept/reject decision depends on the firm’s risk-adjustment policy. If Nelson’s policy is to increase the required return on a riskier-than-average project to 4% over rs, then it should reject the project.

The project should definitely be rejected because its expected return (before risk adjustments) is less than its required return.

Riskier-than-average projects should have their expected returns increased to reflect their higher risk. Clearly, this would make the project acceptable regardless of the amount of the adjustment.

The project should definitely be accepted because its expected return (before any risk adjustments) is greater than its required return.

Textbook 
 Financial Management: Theory and Practice

Financial Management: Theory and Practice

Edition: 4th
Authors:
Read 94 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
moraamoraa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0