× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, bio_man
I am probably going to disable reputation in the test-bank section or only those who posted in the thread can change the other person's reputation OR the reputation of only the topic starter can be changed OR something where both positive and negative smites are gone and only comments are enabled.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
OR only display the total as opposed to negative/positive.

wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
You guys tell me what you want. I don't want to keep changing things around, I want a concrete idea.
wrote...
Educator
OR as you mentioned, only admins, trusted members, and trusted sellers can view every comment that is made (i.e. the comments), otherwise, other members can see their own comments only and only comments made to them...

I think this is the best option.
boeing Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
I am probably going to disable reputation in the test-bank section or only those who posted in the thread can change the other person's reputation OR the reputation of only the topic starter can be changed OR something where both positive and negative smites are gone and only comments are enabled.

The only problem i see with the above is that it will likely not stop the other person from seeking out another post, not in the test-bank section, of the person and giving the smite their.

I am really sorry this subject has become such a thorn. I really do not have any other ideas. I will just have to accept the fact I have pissed off another seller and they are retaliating in the only way they can; by raising my negative reputation in hopes others will become influenced by those numbers.
wrote...
Educator
The only problem i see with the above is that it will likely not stop the other person from seeking out another post, not in the test-bank section, of the person and giving the smite their.

I am really sorry this subject has become such a thorn. I really do not have any other ideas. I will just have to accept the fact I have pissed off another seller and they are retaliating in the only way they can; by raising my negative reputation in hopes others will become influenced by those numbers.

It's BS, but I will do whatever I think is best and update you along the way. Trust me, I'm as annoyed as you are.

Regardless, I think this is the best option:

Only admins and trusted members can view the global commentary made (i.e. all the comments), otherwise, regular members can only see comments made to them...
wrote...
Educator
Update and I hope this new update is set in stone Face with Rolling Eyes

Rightwards Arrow Admins can see global comments

Rightwards Arrow You cannot view the reputation descriptions of others

Rightwards Arrow You can see the descriptions others have written about you (I am attempted to hid the name of the user who created the comment; this way there is no tension after a user makes a comment against another person).

Rightwards Arrow Every member must write a reason and be respectable, otherwise they will lose their reputation privileges.

I believe this will create the least amount of conflict.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Some more regulations, close to making this final, you cannot view your reputation unless you are an octopus member and you can only decrease/increase the reputation of the same person after 96 hours. This will prevent a spammer from clicking negative/positive every minute.
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Bio_man, if your members are abusing the reputation feature, I personally, would remove it until it can be controlled. You can continue to set limits and so fourth, but it will remain a problem in my opinion.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Bio_man, if your members are abusing the reputation feature, I personally, would remove it until it can be controlled. You can continue to set limits and so fourth, but it will remain a problem in my opinion.

And also, it's a terrible idea to give people the privilege to see what others wrote about them... I think if people are abusing the feature, this new mod u added will only cause more flaming. Although that's my personal opinion.

If you still feel passionate about it though, you can give them the priveldeg to reread the comments they made but the person whom they are making the comments to cannot see it, so it's for their eyes ONLY (the person giving the rating). Sorry if this goes against what u said Rit727 but we;re on the internet here and there is no proper "internet" behaviour ppl follow.. That's what made Youtube so big, the freedom to flame and get away with it. It's not far, but u can never stop it.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
^ point well taken. I have removed the description modification totally. All descriptions will be kept confidential from this point onwards.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1259 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370