t
i
r
Lars Knowles Lars Knowles
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 months ago
Can't paste a link but I'll copy the article here:

''DIY snoring cure killed man of 26; Tampons put up nose.
Link/Page Citation
A MAN suffocated after stuffing tampons up his nose to stop his snoring, an inquest heard yesterday.

Doctors told Mark Gleeson, 26, that his loud snores were incurable after a car crash left him with sinus problems.

But Mark, a labourer from Headley Down, Hants, and girlfriend Tracey Lambert decided to use her tampons to tackle the problem.

Tracey, 29, told the inquest in Guildford, Surrey: "It just happened. The conversation just came up about the snoring and we both agreed that was what he'd do."

She went upstairs while Mark, who had drunk wine and taken sleeping tablets, fell asleep on a sofa at her home in Haslemere. When Tracey came down the next morning he was dead.

Her dad, Geoffrey Morgan-Burns said after the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death: "She taped tampons on to Mark's nose to stop him snoring, They were both having a laugh and a joke about it.

"Tracey has been in shock since this happened. She came straight home from the inquest and went to bed.

"I'm just so glad that the verdict of accidental death has been recorded because hopefully it will help Tracey to realise she wasn't to blame."

There's been several articles on this case posted, including one from Herald Scotland. The coroner, Michael Burgess, concluded that he suffocated in his sleep mainly because he was unable to breathe through his nose, which was blocked (by tampons).

Every medical website I can find says that people can breathe through their mouth, which contradicts the articles.

Which one do you believe?
Read 245 times
1 Reply