r
m
j
c
peaches+cream peaches+cream
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
The thinkening of the lining of the uterus is in direct response to increased levels of:

a. FSH
b. estrogen
c. oxytocin
d. LH

*I think its b??*

During fertilization, penetration of the ovum occurs because the:

a. sperm secrete an enzyme that dissolves part of the ovums caoting
b. ovum takes the sperm in by the process of phagocytosis
c. sperm have a special pointed cellular shape
d. ovum takes the sperm in by the process of exocytosis

*I think its d??*
Read 1898 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
The thinkening of the lining of the uterus is in direct response to increased levels of:

a. FSH
b. estrogen
c. oxytocin
d. LH

*I think its b??*

True.

During fertilization, penetration of the ovum occurs because the:

a. sperm secrete an enzyme that dissolves part of the ovums caoting
b. ovum takes the sperm in by the process of phagocytosis
c. sperm have a special pointed cellular shape
d. ovum takes the sperm in by the process of exocytosis

*I think its d??*

A)
During fertilization, a sperm must first fuse with the plasma membrane and then penetrate the female egg in order to fertilize it. Fusing to the egg usually causes little problem, whereas penetrating through the egg's hard shell can present more of a problem to the sperm. Therefore sperm cells go through a process known as the acrosome reaction which is the reaction that occurs in the acrosome of the sperm as it approaches the egg. The acrosome is a cap-like structure over the anterior half of the sperm's head.

As the sperm approaches the zona pellucida of the egg, which is necessary for initiating the acrosome reaction, the membrane surrounding the acrosome fuses with the plasma membrane of the spermatozoa, exposing the contents of the acrosome. The contents include surface antigens and numerous enzymes which are responsible for breaking through the egg's tough coating and allowing fertilization to occur.
peaches+cream Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Good explination! I'll take down notes of what you've written, thank you again. Smiling Face with Open Mouth
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1186 People Browsing
Related Images