× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
duddy duddy
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
75 000 000 000 000

The major labels' case against LimeWire is expected to start later this year, as the labels set their sights on the biggest file sharing fish they've pulled into the boat. However, they've hit a speed bump: The labels had claimed damages from LimeWire at the totally reasonable sum of $75 trillion, which is more than the entire world will make in 2011 (seriously). A judge has called those estimates "absurd," citing the fact that the entire music industry, since Edison invented the phonograph, hasn't made that much money. The judge ruled instead that the labels will be able to sue for set prices per work, and the total damages won't hit anywhere near $75 trillion.

Read 1134 times
3 Replies
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science