t
S
m
s
jerico jerico
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
9 years ago
What conflicts can arise between using discounted cash flow methods for capital budgeting decisions and accrual accounting for performance evaluation? How can these conflicts be reduced?
Textbook 
Cost Accounting

Cost Accounting

Edition: 14th
Authors:
Read 295 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Using accrual accounting to evaluate the performance of a manager may create conflicts with using discounted cash flow (DCF) methods for capital budgeting because frequently a project using a DCF method will not report strong operating income results in the early years of the project under accrual accounting. If this is the case, a manager might be tempted not to use DCF methods even though the decisions based on them might be in the best interests of the company over the long run. The conflict can be reduced by evaluating managers on a project-by-project basis and by looking at their ability to achieve the amounts and timing of forecasted cash flows.
jerico Author
wrote...
9 years ago
This solved my problem perfectly, thank you for your kind input.
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm happy to help you, how luck with the others, I noticed you've posted a lot of questions.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  901 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741