× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
senior2011 senior2011
wrote...
12 years ago
If I major in psychology for my bachelors degree, what gpa would I need to get into some of the good caribbean medical schools? I checked their average gpa's, and most of them said I would need around a 3.0. I can easily achieve this majoring in psychology, but I'm worried it will be weighed differently. I'm assuming the "3.0" average gpa was for biology, or premed or something. So what gpa would I need majoring in psych?
Read 565 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
There's no such thing as a good Caribbean med school.  They are all poorly regarded, and not all of their graduates manage to get a residency (that means they can't become doctors).  The average GPA for US med schools is about 3.7, and no med school worth attending will let you enroll without having taken the premed classes, no matter what your major was.  If you want to be a doctor, you'd be much better off enrolling in a post-bacc program in premed instead, and then applying to real med schools afte that.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1236 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4