× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Buddy buddy Buddy buddy
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I'm really confused and don't know how to answer the question. I need the answer really clearly to get my grade 10 science credit.
Read 614 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
The conservation of mass law states that mass can not be created or destroyed. Lets apply this to a chemical equation. If you mix two elements and they react and form something new, you need to have the SAME amount of "stuff" on both sides or somewhere along the line mass either disappeared or sprouted into existence, which would violate that law. We balance equations so the same amount of atoms appear on both sides, thus following the law.
wrote...
12 years ago
when you balance an equation you make sure that the amount of stuff that you put in is = the amount of products .

the law of mass conservation is as states :that mass cannot be created or destroyed , so when you balance an equation you are following this law

message me back if you're still confused or just read like the first three paragraphs of my source
wrote...
12 years ago
Mass can neither be created or destroyed therefore the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1178 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 484

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?