t
i
r
r
darwinshuffle darwinshuffle
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
ok so you can take the AP courses for the classes in high school...why do they recommend these courses in the latter years of college. (ie Clemson Univ- jr year for a physics major)  what is the difference in waht you learn in high school compared to what they teach you in college
Read 598 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm not 100% sure of what is meant here, but I'll take a stab at it.  If I understand the question, it sounds like you can take mechanics, electricity and magnatism in AP courses but these courses are required in later years of a Physics major so whats the difference between them.  Yes these AP courses could be taken, but they are fundimental building blocks in Physics.  These courses in college would be taught with alot more depth than AP high school courses.  I took all AP classes in High School including 2 years of physics but it just gave me a good baseline.  The college courses will give alot more depth of understanding.  I could not imagine placing out of these courses as a Physics major, but I guess it could happen.
wrote...
11 years ago
I'm not sure I understand your question correctly.  Yes, both Mechanics and E&M can be taken as AP courses in high school, and if you do well on the AP exams (usually 4 or 5, possibly 3), some universities will accept them and give you credit for them.  Some universities will not, no matter what you scored on them.  This is simply because what is covered in an AP course may not be equivalent to the university level equivalent.  Most universities courses are much more rigorous.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1258 People Browsing
 121 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4