a
t
i
r
RiveraCI RiveraCI
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
What is the exact differences found between the primary germ layers (i.e. endoderm, mesoderm, ectoderm)? I understand that each develops into different tissue types, but what is the basis and significance for this sort of classification into the three primary germ layers (e.g. are there particular genes that are only activated in mesodermal tissue)?

Linked to the above question is this one; how do we determine which germ layer is which during gastrulation?
Read 475 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
lgb
wrote...
12 years ago
In animal development, organogenesis (organo-genesis, compound of the Greek words Neutral FaceNeutral Face? "that with which one works", and Neutral FaceNeutral Face? "origin,creation,generation" is the process by which the ectoderm, endoderm, and mesoderm develop into the internal organs of the organism. Internal organs initiate development in humans within the 3rd to 8th weeks in utero. The germ layers in organogenesis differ by three processes: folds, splits, and condensation. Developing early during this stage in chordate animals are the neural tube and notochord. Vertebrate animals all differentiate from the gastrula the same way. Vertebrates develop a neural crest that differentiates into many structures, including some bones, muscles, and components of the peripheral nervous system. The coelom of the body forms from a split of the mesoderm along the somite axis.
hoping to give you a perfect answer within few days
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1209 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274