t
i
r
r
ashy8286 ashy8286
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I've been trying to see what kind of options i'd have after college, and I'd love to do something that has to do with marine life and that sort of stuff. But from what i've been able to find, a marine biologist mostly does just research on things like bacteria and microorganisms. I'm very confused and any answers or information is helpful.
Slight Smile
Read 524 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Jobs in Marine Biology
With a science degree a marine biologist has variety of employments options that he may take, these including general biological positions available in the aquaculture industries and ecotoxicology as well as marine biology positions or non-degree related employment such as administration.

Graduates of Marine biology are known as ?Marine biologists? and are involved in a wide range of projects including:

# Impact studies on whether marine protected areas conserve local biodiversity
# Growth and reproduction of commercially important species.
# Effects of global climate change on coastal ecosystems.
# Controlling invasive marine pest species.
# ecological effects of aquaculture

Employment opportunities include:

# Research
# Environmental Management
# Nature Conservation
# Wide variety of non-biological careers (e.g. management, administration, leisure and tourism industry)
# Water companies
# Coastal authorities
# Government and University research laboratories
# Leisure industry
# Pharmaceutical industry

Note: More qualifications including a masters or PHD in science may often be required for some of the more senior research positions and it is common that students persist with their honours for practical experience.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1342 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370